RESEARCH INTEREST




















My main research interests are Systematics, Phylogeny, Taxonomy, and Biogeography of Reptiles. Until now, my studies essentially focused on the phylotaxonomy biogeography of Neotropical skink lizards (Scincidae) of the genus Mabuya.

As my approach of biological science is integrative, I attach great value to synthesizing studies which don't separate classical taxonomic approaches from molecular approaches.

For these reasons, my investigation tools are multiple and complementary:


- Molecular systematics (DNA extractions, PCR, DNA sequencing, phylogenetical reconstructions using ML, MP, Bayesian inferences).

- Comparative anatomy, morphometrics, external morphology, zoological nomenclature, scientific drawing.



Until now, my studies essentially focused on the phylotaxonomy biogeography of Neotropical skink lizards (Scincidae) of the genus (topic of my PhD thesis). I have described three new species in this genus, and different phylogenetic papers are currently in press.

I plan however to extend my field of research in the next years.